Saturday, August 09, 2008

Death, where is your sting

The last couple of days have been special. On Thursday, I attended the funeral service of a relative, and yesterday (Friday), I missed the morning Mass because I came back home late the previous day. However, I had a pleasant surprise waiting for me when I went to attend the monthly Serra Club meeting in the evening - it was the Holy Sacrifice for the repose of the mother of a member of the club.

These services helped me remember about what death is for me. Believing in Jesus, I can say as Fr Eric C.Ss.R said in his Friday homily, what happens after death does not matter so much. Who we meet after death is what matters. And I know that it is my Lord, full of compassion and love, slow to anger and abounding in mercy.

No comments:

Post a Comment