Wednesday, August 31, 2005

August visit to Cochin

On August 28th, 1923, Fernando Rielo, founder of the Idente Missionaries of Christ Crucified was born. On 28th August 2005, I went to Cochin to celebrate his birthday. The day coincided with the feast of Saint Augustine. It was a weekend of meeting people who it seemed were friends since ages, yet it was just a second meeting with them.

I arrived in Cochin on Saturday. That evening, there was a talk on the Saints and reaching purity through the Ascetical and Mystical examination. The next day, Sunday was the important feast day. The day's morning program was talk and Holy Mass. Later, there was to be a cultural program.

I decided to do the reading and prepared well for a very poignant reading from Saint Paul's letter to the Corinthians. The message of the reading was transforming one's mind and thought to that of Christ.



The Mass proceeded with a very intimate bond between God and us as is very strongly emphasized by all in our order.



That morning, the wonderful message was about union with God. The level of union which one would never have thought possible. This was the talk on the Tranverberative union. This was an extremely strong message and one which I wrote and put into a document. Thankfully, after lots of effort, I finally put into a soft form, which can be read.

Lunch was delicious and sweeter still because we helped together to do little parts of it. It is so nice to wipe dishes and cut fruits and vegetables when everyone is smiling. That afternoon, I wanted to sing in Konkani and in Hindi too. For this I prepared some nice hymns which I really love a lot. The Konkani hymn was Soglya Kalzan, which means with all my heart and the Hindi hymn was Tere geet gaun or I will sing your song. Our group of brothers and fathers also sang together a Mexican song in the Spanish language. The script is English so it was easy.



So now, I have introduced my extended family members and all are my family members now.

No comments:

Post a Comment