Thursday, March 17, 2005

Father forgive them lyrics

Music is a beautiful art of expression. But what inspires lyricists and composers are powerful messages or love of music itself. Inspiration in musicians leads them to produce wonderful works.
"Father forgive them for they know not what they do" - Luke 23:34
An understatement of the deep love Jesus has for us. When a heart is so beautiful from inside, can such words come from that person.
When people recieve such words, the inspiration it produces is tremendous. Here are the words of a hymn inspired by these same words:

ch 1: Father forgive them, they know not what they do
ch 2: Father forgive us, we know not what we do

1. They see me lying in the street, yet never lend a hand
The night goes by while they're asleep, yet I'm still in the sand
And I cry each night for their blinded eyes
That never, never seem to see.

2. They call me friend when they're in need, I know it's all a sham.
For when my sufferings make me weep, they simply wash their hands,
And I'm left alone in despair to moan;
They'll never, never understand.

3. We crucified your son in shame, his message we ignored,
Though time has passed, we're still the same, indifferent as before,
And he dies each day in our hearts of clay
O father, teach us how to love.

No comments:

Post a Comment